The Order of Corporate Reunion was incorporated in the State of Missouri by Peter Paul Brennan, Bertil Persson, Francis Spataro, and Michael Kline in 2010.
In order to safeguard the Order from potential usurpation, these bishops chose to incorporate the Order under Chapter 352 of the Missouri Revised Statues, meaning that instead of merely filing the standard incorporation paperwork with the Secretary of State, these bishops had to submit a petition to the Circuit Court requesting the granting of a Charter to the Order. The Circuit Court approved their request for a charter in January 2010.
A certain clergyman of the "Liberal Catholic Church" - a heretical theosophist and masonic cult founded by notorious homosexual pederasts J. I. Wedgwood and F. S. Willoughby - claims that his organization, incorporated in the United Kingdom, is the legitimate representative of the Order of Corporate Reunion.
The aforementioned clergyman presents certain arguments in favor of his claims. It would be injudicious to engage with his arguments. It would also be injudicious to respond to the voluble personal invective against members of the Order published on his website.
The Prelate of the Order respectfully declines to engage with those who deploy personal invective and who refuse to discuss theological and canonical differences in a fraternal and collaborative spirit.
At all events, the following points are a matter of record:
(1) everyone involved in the Order of Corporate Reunion recognizes that Peter Paul Brennan - one of the incorporators of the Missouri corporation - was the Prime Bishop or Universal Primate;
(2) the corporation formed by Peter Paul Brennan, Bertil Persson, Francis Spataro, and Michael Kline in 2010 has clearly defined protocols for succession outlined in Article VIII of the Articles of Agreement filed with and approved by the Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri;
(3) in accordance with the protocols set forth in Article VIII of the Articles of Agreement filed with the Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri, upon the death of Peter Paul Brennan, Michael Kline was appointed Prime Bishop of the Order of Corporate Reunion by the administrators and executors of the corporation identified by name in Article VIII, as per the express intention of the four original incorporators stipulated in the petition for a Charter submitted to the Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri in 2010;
(4) a publicly available statement issued by the clergyman in question dated August 2nd, 2016 affirms the following: "Archbishop Michael Kline now succeeds him [(Peter Paul Brennan)] as Universal Primate of the Order of Corporate Reunion. The other positions in the Order remain unchanged";
(5) of the four original incorporators, three are still living, and all three of these original incorporators (Bertil Persson, Francis Spataro, and Michael Kline) recognize Richard Cumming as the Universal Primate of the Order of Corporate Reunion.
We bear no personal animus towards the clergyman in question. We extend peace and goodwill to all men. We hope for peace and reconciliation among all Christians, especially among those who wish to undertake the work of the Order of Corporate Reunion.
Much to our lamentation, the clergyman in question has built a group around himself that, in its life and teaching, represents a radical departure from theological orthodoxy, consisting chiefly of modernist bishops who ordain women and active homosexuals and who are themselves engaged either in homosexual relationships or in heterosexual cohabitation relationships outwith the bond of Holy Matrimony. Such actions demonstrate apodictically why the clergyman in question and the corporation he has established do not and cannot legitimately represent the Order of Corporate Reunion.
As a Roman Catholic society founded under the patronage of His Holiness Pope Pius IX in order to reconcile the Anglican Church to the Holy Roman Church, we are bound by the teaching of the Holy Roman Church and therefore cannot endorse these clear departures from Catholic doctrine. Continuing in full communion with the Roman Pontiff, we will continue to stand for what the Church has always taught, everywhere, at all times, in all places.
Those who wish to stand with us on the foundation of apostolic doctrine are most welcome.
The Incorporators of the Order of Corporate Reunion:
Bertil Persson, Peter Paul Brennan, Francis Spataro, Michael Kline